Apple OS X El Capitan App for Mac
What About This?
- $ 79.99
- $ 15.99
- Small Dog Gift Card for $25 - Redeemable online, at retail, and by phone
Redeem on Smalldog.com, at one of our retail stores, or by phone!$ 25.00
- Hammerhead 2 Port USB Auto Car Charger (17w)
2 Port 17w Auto Charger with 2.4amp and 1amp output$ 19.99
- Chill Pill Mobile Speakers - Black
Meet the Chill Pill - a pocket-sized, self-contained capsule that transforms into two powered speakers.$ 9.99
OS X El Capitan, the latest version of the Mac operating system, builds on the groundbreaking features and beautiful design introduced in OS X Yosemite, refining the experience and improving performance in lots of ways that you’ll enjoy everyday.
Make the most of your screen with Split View.
- Focus on two apps at once – neatly arranged side by side — in full screen without distractions.
Take control of your desktop with Mission Control.
- View all your open windows in a single layer with no overlap, so you can instantly find that window you’re looking for.
- Create a new desktop space easily by dragging a window to the top of your screen.
Smarter search in Spotlight.
- Search for weather, stocks, sports, web video, and transit information right in Spotlight.
- Use your own words to search for files on your Mac, like “Documents I edited yesterday.”
- Resize the Spotlight window and move it anywhere on the screen.
Handy improvements in Mail.
- Use your trackpad to manage your inbox with a swipe, just like on iPhone. Swipe right to mark as read or unread, or swipe left to delete.
- Mail automatically suggests contacts and events from your messages to help you keep your Contacts and Calendar organized.
- An improved full-screen view lets you switch between your inbox and your draft email messages.
A simple and powerful all-new Notes app.
- Format your notes with titles, paragraph headings, bullets, numbers, and checklists.
- Save rich content like photos, videos, documents, PDFs, web links, and map locations.
- Easily search and browse the content from all your notes in the Attachments Browser.
- Add content to a note directly from other OS X apps using the Share menu.
- Create notes on your Mac and they’ll automatically sync to your iOS devices using iCloud.
New ways to organize and enhance your images in Photos.
- Photos automatically organizes your library and helps you edit like a pro with simple and powerful editing tools.
- Access your library on all your devices with iCloud Photo Library.
- Add or edit location data, and batch change titles, descriptions, and keywords.
- Sort your albums and the photos in them by date, title, and more.
- Use third-party editing extensions to take your photo editing to the next level.
Better surfing in Safari.
- Keep your favorite websites open, up to date, and easily accessible with Pinned Sites.
- Choose a font and theme for Reader, including Sepia and Night themes.
- Mute web page audio from the Smart Search field.
Maps, now with Transit view.
- See transit lines and stations for select cities, including subway, train, bus, and ferry routes.
- Plan your trip based on when you want to leave or arrive.
- Research your trip on your Mac and share it to your iPhone or iPad for use on the go.
- Designed for Retina displays, beautiful system font San Francisco is crisp, clear and space efficient.
- PingFang (苹方), the new Chinese system font, is designed for crisp readability in both Simplified and Traditional Chinese.
- Hiragana Sans, the Japanese system font, now features additional weights.
- Four new Japanese fonts let you add a personal touch to documents and presentations.
Improved input methods for Chinese and Japanese.
- Type Chinese more quickly with an improved character prediction engine and a smarter candidate window.
- Write multiple Chinese characters using the trackpad and the new, roomier Trackpad window.
- Live conversion automatically transforms Hiragana into written Japanese as you type.
Faster graphics with Metal.
- Enjoy faster, more efficient system-level graphics rendering.
- Experience a richer, more immersive gaming experience.
- Create content more quickly with accelerated high-performance apps.
Snappier performance for everyday tasks.
- Launch apps and switch between them more quickly.
- Access email and render PDFs more quickly.
- OS X v10.6.8 or later
- 2GB of memory
- 8.8GB of available storage
- Some features require an Apple ID; terms apply.
- Some features require a compatible Internet service provider; fees may apply.
Mac Hardware Requirements
For details about your Mac model, click the Apple icon at the top left of your screen, choose About This Mac, then choose More Info. These Mac models are compatible with OS X El Capitan:
- MacBook (Early 2015)
- MacBook (Late 2008 Aluminum, or Early 2009 or newer)
- MacBook Pro (Mid/Late 2007 or newer)
- MacBook Air (Late 2008 or newer)
- Mac mini (Early 2009 or newer)
- iMac (Mid 2007 or newer)
- Mac Pro (Early 2008 or newer)
- Xserve (Early 2009)
- DVD Player
- Font Book
- Image Capture
- Mac App Store
- Mission Control
- Photo Booth
- QuickTime Player
- System Preferences
- Time Machine
- Activity Monitor
- AirPort Utility
- AppleScript Editor
- Audio MIDI Setup
- Bluetooth File Exchange
- Boot Camp Assistant
- ColorSync Utility
- Digital Color Meter
- Disk Utility
- Keychain Access
- Migration Assistant
- System Information
- VoiceOver Utility
- Simplified Chinese
- Traditional Chinese
- Brazilian Portuguese
- Spanish (Mexico)
Share your experience on a product with others.
No reviews of this product yet, you could be the first!