For OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion
Designed for OS X and iOS devices, OS X Server makes it easy to share files, schedule meetings, synchronize contacts, develop software, host your own website, publish wikis, configure Mac, iPhone, and iPad devices, remotely access your network, and more.
OS X Server is an application you can add to OS X right from the Mac App Store. Anyone can quickly and easily turn a Mac into a server that’s perfect for home offices, businesses, schools, developers, and hobbyists alike.
Here’s what you’ll get with OS X Server:
• File sharing for Mac, PC, iPhone and iPad
• Standards-based SMB, AFP, and WebDAV file services
• Flexible file permissions
• Spotlight searching
• Mobile device management for Mac and iOS devices
• Simplified management and deployment of iOS and OS X.
• Distribution of institution licensed apps and books purchased from the Volume Purchase Program to users or devices
• Install Software Updates on devices running iOS 9 and OS X El Capitan
• Device Enrollment Program integration
• Web-based administration console
• Self-service user portal for clearing passcodes, remote lock, and remote wipe
• Speed up the download of software distributed by Apple
• Locally cache apps, books, iTunes U, software updates, and OS X Recovery images
• Accelerate the download of iCloud data, including documents in iCloud Drive and photos.
• Fault-tolerant design with multiserver cache replication and load balancing
• No client configuration required
• Use Xcode to create continuous integration bots that build, analyze, and test on any Mac running OS X Server
• Configure bots to integrate at a specific time, or continually as code is committed to the repository
• Automate testing of OS X and iOS apps, executing on multiple connected iOS devices
• Host your own Git repositories on OS X Server or connect to remote Git or Subversion hosts
• Remotely access detailed integration summaries and nightly builds using the Web interface
• Provide a backup destination for Mac computers on your network
• Monitor which computers have backed up, when they last backed up, and size of backup
• Set limits on the amount of Time Machine storage a user can use
• Share calendars, schedule meetings and events, and book conference rooms
• Standards-based CalDAV server for access from Mac, iPad, iPhone, and PC
• View availability with free/busy lookups
• Email invitations and push notifications
• Synchronize contacts with Mac, iPad, and iPhone
• Allow multiple users to access and update contacts
• Standards-based CardDAV server
• Point-and-click page edit to change formatting and insert images, movies, and attachments
• Access controls
• Tags and comments
• Revision history
• Document sharing
• Quick Look previews
• Standards-based SMTP, IMAP, and POP server
• Push notifications
• SSL encryption
• Adaptive junk mail filtering
• Virus detection and quarantine
Virtual Private Network
• Remote access for your network services
• Encrypted VPN connections for Mac, iPad, iPhone, and PC
• Block-level SAN file sharing with concurrent read/write access
• Xsan volume hosting and configuration
• Volume management, storage pooling, stripping, and volume mapping
• Real-time monitoring, graphs, and event notifications
• Metadata controller failover and file system journaling
• Local and remote management
• Users and group settings
• View real-time graphs of server usage
• Receive alerts on network changes, certificate expiration, storage usage, and more
Some features require an Apple ID and/or compatible Internet access; additional fees and terms apply. Some features require OS X El Capitan. Some features require program enrollment. Some features are not available in all countries.
Share your experience on a product with others.
No reviews of this product yet, you could be the first!
Check out our other newsletters! By the way, we'll never sell or trade your email address. Ever.