Small Dog Trade-In Program
At Small Dog Electronics, we know that technology moves fast—sometimes faster than you'd like. If you would like to upgrade your equipment, we want to encourage you to recycle what you have. That's why we created the Small Dog Trade-In Program. Read on below for current trade-in pricing and to find out how you can get started on a trade-in.
How To Trade-In:
- Fill out the Trade-In Request Form
First, fill out our online form: Trade-In Request Form
If your machine is eligible, Small Dog Electronics (SDE) will provide you with a prepaid UPS ground shipping label. You are responsible for packaging the unit so that it is not damaged during shipment. Remember to include all of the machine's original accessories: restore disks, power adapter, video adapter, etc. SDE will inspect, test and rate the unit within 3 days of delivery. We will provide you a quote for the system.
NOTE: If you live near any of our retail locations, you can just bring your machine and accessories in anytime. There is no need to fill out the online form. We will keep the machine and provide a trade-in quote within 3 business days.
- Opt-in (or out) of the trade
We'll send you our terms and conditions of the trade-in, you sign, and we issue you a store credit so you may enjoy the latest technology. Should you decide to decline the trade-in offer, you won't hurt our feelings—remember, you still own the machine until we buy it! However, if you decline the trade-in offer then we will ship the unit back to you at your expense.
- Purchase a new product
Use the trade-in money towards something cutting-edge! Give yourself a pat on the back for saving money and putting your previous machine to good use.
Current Trade-In Prices
Please fill out our online form for an estimate: Trade-In Request Form
The Fine Print
The Fine Print
Small Dog Electronics' trade-in program is subject to the following terms and conditions:
- If you wish to trade in your Mac, iPod, iPad, or other device please fill out the Trade-In Request Form. You may also visit one of our retail locations.
- Small Dog Electronics reserves the right to cancel this program at any time without prior notice.
- Consumers assume all risks when shipping products to us for trade. Any product that arrives in a damaged state will NOT be the responsibility of Small Dog Electronics.
- Products must be in functional condition with all ports, battery, touch screens, etc. working (battery must last four hours).
- For best pricing, products must be complete with AC Adapters, cables, original boxes, software (when applicable).
- Both Windows-formatted and Mac-formatted iPods are eligible for this program.
- Items with engraving are acceptable. Small Dog Electronics reserves the right to reject any engraving which contains words deemed offensive, that may contain contact information, or any other questionable content.
- No products will be accepted via mail without prior authorization.
- Return labels are valid only for 14 days from issue—products returned outside that time limit will not be accepted.
- All products will be evaluated by our staff on a pass/fail basis. This determination is at the sole discretion of Small Dog Electronics. Passed units will qualify for trade-in; failed units will be returned to sender. There will not be any exceptions, nor "partial credit" given for your trade.
- We are unable to accept all devices for trade-in. Please fill out our trade-in request form or give us a call at 1-800-511-MACS (6227) to determine eligibility.
- Upon your acceptance of the trade-in offer, a store credit will be issued. Customers who have purchased a new iPod or computer in advance of the trade-in may receive credit to the credit card used on their purchase.
- This offer is valid on the web AND at our retail locations in South Burlington, VT; Waitsfield, VT; and Manchester, NH.